Saturday, November 28, 2009

RANDOM WEEKEND THOUGHTS...

What an exciting day today! I'm honored to be hosting two very special events on the same day. Early this afternoon, I'll be in Alliance, Ohio introducing the Governor at an event honoring troops who are being deployed across the globe. I have so much respect for the men and women of the military and I'm blessed to be apart of such a special day.
Early this evening, I'll be in downtown Cleveland co-hosting WinterFest '09. Rebecca Wilde and I have been asked to MC this spectacular event for the first time and we are thrilled to do so. We'll be introducing Mayor Frank Jackson and helping to light the tree in the heart of the city. I've attended this event several times and I'm excited to be hosting it for the first time ever!

Birthday week has officially begun. I'll turn 42 this upcoming Thursday, December 3. The week between Thanksgiving and my birthday is always such an emotional time for me personally. I tend to get quiet and reflective. For as long as I can remember, I've always naturally taken this time to look back on the year and set personal goals for the year ahead. This year, my head is very full.

Some of you have dropped me notes asking how my friend and daughter's GodMother Denise is doing. She was diagnosed with ovarian cancer the same week that same disease took her mother's life. She was unable to attend her own mother's funeral because of her surgery. She is back home now and the doctors say they got all of it. The journey has begun. Chemo starts soon. I travelled to Michigan to see her and her family this past weekend. It was one of the most powerful times of my life. It put so much into perspective. She is an amazing lady and deserves our prayers.

be@peace.

No comments: