Thursday, August 6, 2009

VACATION TIME...

When I'm working, every morning begins with rumblin', bumblin' and stumblin' to get out the door, hurryin' to the station and scramblin' to get on the air. I love working on the radio and the chase to be topical, in the moment, fun, informative and all the spontaneous moments in between.

When I take time away from the show, I'm afforded the opportunity to wake up and start my day like a "normal" person. I admit, I love rollin' and makin' things happen, but this time away is, and has been, very important to me. Frankly, this time around, I really needed to step away from everything and clear my head. I've noticed in the last couple of years that I am thinking a lot more about where I've been and where I'm headed. This time has enabled me to collect my thoughts and come up with more of a plan for the future.

There is so much that I need and want to do. Like most people, I get caught up in everything else and forget to put FIRST THINGS FIRST. Fear often gets in the way of letting us live the way we really want to. Living in the moment is a great way to live...but, it also takes some thought.

Yes, I'm playing lots of golf during this break, hangin' with friends, laughin' and such...but I'm also getting a lot of down time to get it all together. I've gained a great deal of clarity and have lots of ideas personally and professionally over the next few months to come. The start of my new 3-year deal at Q104 and the second half of 2009 will be positive and life-changing. I look forward to the days and months ahead.

2 comments:

Adan said...

allan, i'm so happy that you are doping what you love to do. do i envy you? yes.

keep doing what you are doing, and we will be here listening!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are taking some time for yourself & putting things in order.