Monday, January 26, 2009

CAPTAIN JIM'S IN SALTON CITY, CALIFORNIA

While visiting my parents for my Dad's 80th birthday, I had the pleasure of hangin' out at their favorite bar CAPTAIN JIM's. The bar, out in the middle of the desert, is the most happenin' place for miles...and miles.....and miles.....
CAPTAIN JIM's wheels.....

The jumbo pitcher can cure a desert thirst and improve your dart game.....

RICHARD and I "entertained" the "crowd" with our version of "Friends in Low Places" on Kereoke Saturday night. They do it every Saturday night 7-11pm. I later went on to sing Garth Brooks "The Dance" and I did a duet with "DOC" of "Loveshack" by the B-52's. When my Dad joined in on a duet of Bette Midler's "From a Distance"..it was time to head for the exit....

My MOM and DAD with CAPTAIN JIM

...Uh, The Captain Jim Pirate Guy thing.....I couldn't tell if this one of the locals who passed a few years back or not....it made me nervous...

Me, BARB and CAPTAIN JIM

No comments: