Thursday, November 27, 2008

THE SUNDAY COLUMN

It was nearly a year ago when BRITNEY SPEARS decided to go crazy (again) and randomly shave her head. Of course BRITNEY's antics have given us plenty of material to talk about on the radio and this was no exception. When talking about her latest TMZ moment, I blurted out, "I don't know what the big deal is, many people are bald". That quickly turned into a challenge where I was getting my head shaved on live television the next day. I secretly had always wanted to try the cleanly shaved look and actually embraced it....who knew, that days later I would be asked to introduce BARACK O'BAMA at a rally at TRI-C???? Who knew, at the time, that he was really gonna end up the next President of the United States of America?!?!?! Having a photo-op with The President is impressive...unless you look like a chunky Mr. Clean in the dead of winter in Cleveland, Ohio!
It was pretty cool hosting the rally and something I won't soon forget. Spending a couple of minutes talking to him after his speech, it was clear that he had "IT". That something special that makes a person magnetic. That genuine vibe where you are convinced the person really enjoyed meeting you. Recently, WILL SMITH had the "IT" factor when he stopped by the show. That little extra something special.
I'm really glad to have had the opportunity to meet the next President, I only wish BRITNEY shaved her head the following week....

FEE FEST 41 in this week. I always embrace my birthday and try to stretch it out to a week-long celebration. I believe a birthday is a celebration of life and I look forward to it each year. Last year, it was THE BIG 4-OH! I loved it! Overall, turning 40 was, and is, great. A lot of self realization...good, and not so good. I plan to celebrate life this week and EVERY day after. I have so much to be thankful for...expecially this year....


Without question, I have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving weekend. I am most thankful for my Mother's full reocovery from open-heart surgery early in the year. After rushing out to California to be near her for the surgery, I was relieved to see that her sense of humor was intact and that she was blessed with great care. What started as an urgent trip out West, quickly turned into a wonderful mini-vacation with my Mother, Father and Brother Ian. Today, my Mother is doing great! She is a strong Irish woman who can handle anything. I credit my Mother for my sense of humor and I'm very thankful that she is stronger than ever.
Some randoms...
Since my crazy predictin that The Cavs would win the NBA Championship in 6 games over the Lakers, they have rolled to a still-unbeaten home record...
Charles Barkley recently said LeBron James was not doing right by his teammates by hinting he may leave the team after his current contract in 2010. LeBron answered by calling Barkely "stupid". I agree with Barkely, be a leader and let your play do the talking. Win the title, then talk. LeBron keeps the door wide open for us to all speculate. Is that his ego talking? Why not say he won't talk contract until it's time. And why not rise above any negative comments and refrain from publicly calling anyone "stupid". This is a case of WWJD...What Would Jordan Do?
Musical tip...JAMES MORRISON. Look him up on YOUTUBE. He's awesome. His latest duet with NELLY FURTADO/BROKEN STRINGS is powerful!


No comments: